Today I am here to provide you with all of your combination skin care needs! If you’re anything like me, you’ve tried it all (thanks, but no thanks, Proactiv). I have struggled with mild acne ever since I was in high school. And if you’re someone who has no idea that like, let’s just say that it is not a fun time. Well, I am at the wise (jk), ripe age of 22, and am happy to say that I have somewhat of a grip on those pesky blemishes. I mean it only took me six years, right?
Okay, friends, so what I am about to share with you is this amazing, groundbreaking acne treatment that is only $19.99, but if you order now you’ll get the second package free…! Kidding, again. What I’m going to share with you is my personal skin care routine. It works for me, so I hope it works for you! No one’s skin type is exactly the same, so I apologize in advance if you’re not pleased with the results. If you decide to try this for a few weeks, leave a comment letting me know how it works on your skin! Or if you have any of your own tips and tricks, share the knowledge!
• Step one: Wash your face with acne cleanser. I know the skin care aisle at the drugstore can be overwhelming with the variety of brands and products. Be sure to choose an acne cleanser instead of an average face wash. Acne cleansers generally have benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid in them which are medications used for acne treatment.
• Step two: Wipe your face with a cotton pad and deep cleaning toner. This removes any left over dirt, oil, and/or makeup that wasn’t washed off.
• Step three: Moisturize your face! After washing and using toner, your face is going to need some love and moisturization. I personally like using Olay Moisturizing Lotion for combination skin. I like using Olay because it’s super clean and airy, and it doesn’t have a heavy perfume-like odor to it.
Voila! This is my morning skin care routine. At night the real magic happens, and I zap those zits with my medication. This is what I do:
• Repeat steps one and two.
• Step four: Instead of putting moisturizing lotion on my face, I apply a thin layer of 5 % benzoyl peroxide on my face. I buy my benzoyl peroxide from my local Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy. You can buy it at any CVS, Walgreens, or Rite Aid store.