What a tricky subject makeup can be! After signing up to write this post, I’m not going to lie… I kinda regretted it. Mostly because I am not the makeup guru some of you talented ladies are! With the different Mac Barbies and Stila Babe Youtube stars, makeup tips and product reviews seem to be a thing of the norm. I have so many beautiful and talented friends who rock the done-up classy look. Who am I to be giving you all advice??
I personally enjoy wearing a minimal amount of makeup and rocking that natural glowy look. Although I definitely don’t know it all when it comes to cosmetics, a girl can have her favorite products right? (:
If you’re like me and are still trying out different products that fit your budget and feel natural, then you’re going to love the brand e.l.f. (eyes, lips, face). They sell high quality products at incredibly affordable prices. When I first discovered them I couldn’t believe how inexpensive they were. I felt like I got away with something sneaky after leaving the checkout line! Anyways, before I get carried away talking, here are some of my favorite products.
1. L’ Oreal True Match Foundation – Found at most drug stores, is inexpensive, and is easy to match your skin color. Apply around the eyes or red, irritated areas. If you have naturally nice skin, then you definitely don’t have to apply this to your whole face.
2. Maybelline Translucent Finishing Powder – Use this to set your foundation and/or blush and bronzer. This product also helps give you a nice matte finish and keeps the greasy look away. Apply throughout the day as needed! This product can also be found at any drugstore for a reasonable price.
3. e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder – Two-in-one blush and bronzer sold with a compact mirror. It doesn’t leave too much shimmer and shine, and is super light. Oh, and can I just say that this is only $3?? Love love love it.
4. e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip – One. Dollar. I almost bought 5 of these at one time. This product can be used on lips, cheeks, eyelids…etc. This also comes in 5 different blush/neutral shades. Have at it!
5. e.l.f. 3-in-1 mascara – I have to admit, I am a mascara snob. If there’s one thing I gotta get right when applying my makeup, it’s mascara. I love accentuating my lashes! So when it comes to mascara I get a little picky. e.l.f. delivers yet again by providing their amazing 3-in-1 mascara. Again, this product is only $3 (where have you been all my life, e.l.f. ?).
6. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner – Goes on smooth, is not heavy, and is perfect for drawing on that sophisticated cat eye.