Tomorrow I am leaving for a lovely ten day jaunt in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan to attend my sister-in-law’s wedding. I’m not a huge makeup girl, but I do have my essentials that go with me on every vacay and work trip. Here’s a quick peak into my travel makeup bag!
The makeup bag I use is from Isaac Mizrahi. Don’t worry, I didn’t pay full price. I scored it for $10 at T.J.Maxx.
Photo by Chely Ruvalcaba
1. bareMinerals Matte Powder Foundation and Foundation Brush – I don’t know what the heck I was using before, but every other foundation I used prior to bareMinerals pales in comparison! This stuff is light weight, gives a gorgeous natural finish, and doesn’t cake up or fall off throughout the day. I highly recommend bareMinerals, especially if you struggle with acne or clogged pores. Just make sure you clean the brush at least once a week to avoid germ build up.
2. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in “Apricot”, bareMineral’s Moxie lip gloss in “Party Starter”, Pixie Shea Butter Lip Balm in “Pixi Pink” – I have a ridiculous addiction to lip balms and glosses. The three pictured here are just a couple of the tubes of lip goodies that will be coming with me. When traveling I try to go for variety in color and finish. I think I’ve got my bases pretty well covered with these three.
3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser – While I’m pretty sure this product is specifically for under eye dark spots, the shade matches me perfectly and I use this for everything from an under eye brightener to a blemish concealer all over my face. The formula is light but still manages to cover up bright red blemishes on this pale face of mine.
4. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in “Plum Wine” and Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighting Stick – I’ve recently really been enjoying cream blushes. It’s nice when traveling to not have to lug around a separate bag of blushes. The cream formula allows for a flawless application with just my fingertips. I got this sample size of Benefit’s highlighter and I’m pleased to say it has lasted me several months. While I like the product quite a lot, I can’t justify a $30 purchase on the full size product.
5. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eye Liner in “Brown”, L’Oreal Original Voluminous Mascara, Revlon Cream Shadow Quad in “Not Just Nudes” – This eyeliner has been my go-to since freshman year of college. I love that it’s cheap, lasts all day and comes in a variety of colors. For mascara, while I love trying new things, I find there’s something lovely about sticking with a classic. This is a great formula, doesn’t clump, and is an all around solid mascara. I’m not a huge eye shadow wearer but I am going to a wedding, after all! This palette keeps things simple with a few neutral shades in both shimmer and matte finishes.
6. Sonia Kashuk Eyeshadow Blending Brush – I’ve never owned expensive makeup brushes, but I’ll go out on a limb and say that this little $4 number can give some of those double digit brushes a run for their money!
7. Brow Bar To Go – My go-to brow product for over a year now! I was fortunate to receive this one for free while attending Beauty Con. Whitening Lightning’s products can be pretty expensive, but luckily I can offer you a discount code: Get 70% off Whitening Lightening products – http://bit.ly/J9Mvd9, use this DISCOUNT CODE: BougieBrightSmile
I’m off to finish packing!