It’s still crazy to me that December is here. So cliche, I know. But, honestly, where did this year go?! The holidays are special for so many reasons — spending time with family, celebrating the birth of Jesus and, let’s be honest, lots of Christmas parties!
From Christmas movie viewings to ugly Christmas sweater soirees, there are so many ways to celebrate the season of good cheer with friends and family. Today I’m sharing a few of my favorite Christmas party essentials!
- Festive Invites We live in a world of text invites and Facebook RSVPs. But there’s something exciting about receiving an invitation in the mail. (Plus, I’m a sucker for good graphics design — thanks, Matt.) As a bridge between the two, I recently discovered Paperless Post and am in love with every one of their holiday designs.
- Ugly Christmas Sweaters If you work in an office, there’s an 80% chance you’ll be taking part in an ugly Christmas sweater party. And even if you don’t, the holidays are a great opportunity to spice up your wardrobe with hilarious knitwear that you can’t wear any other time. I love the sweater store. They have a huge selection and very reasonable prices.
- Hot chocolate bar essential. A hot chocolate bar with topping options for guests can be a delicious centerpiece to any holiday party. I recently saw this mug on Etsy and might not be able to resist purchasing it much longer!
- Jams. You can’t have a party without good music. I’m pretty sure every top twenty artist does a holiday album, but I’m a purist. Nat King Cole. All. The. Way. All. The. Time.
- Classic Christmas Movies. There are so many great Christmas movies. From It’s a Wonderful Life to a couple of my favorites, Elf and Home Alone, sharing Christmas movies with a friend, loved ones, or just a bucket of popcorn is an absolutely lovely way to spend a December evening.
Merry Christmas, everyone!