Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day! Maybe you’ve got a love to celebrate with, or maybe you’ll be having a night out (or in) with your girlfriends.
Either way, throw on a heart shaped something and eat chocolate all day long! I thought I’d put together some Valentine’s Day Inspiration.
From food to fashion, here’s some inspiration for a day of love, hugs and chocolate.
Did tomorrow sneak up on you? Don’t worry, I’ve found that the best Valentine’s Day Gifts are those that require doing and creating rather than just walking in and buying. I will admit, however, that I am no Martha Stewart when it comes to crafting. I usually go for simple and write a REALLY good card. Because tomorrow is thoughtful-gift-go-time, a simple and easily accessible idea is something tasty! The best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right? Here are a few ideas:
Red Velvet Poke Cake
You can find the recipe here: Something Swanky
Bouquet of Cookie Pops! (No Bake)
- 1 (24 oz) package vanilla wafers
- 1 (11 oz) package caramel bits
- 1 (24 oz) chocolate almond bark
- 1/2 C red chocolate disks
- assorted valentine candies and sprinkles for decoration
- 40 sucker sticks
- wax paper
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper on work surface. Pour vanilla wafers into a bowl for easy access.
- Melt caramel bits according to package directions (I worked in 2 batches). Place approximately 1 tsp of caramel on the back of a vanilla wafer, place cookie stick into caramel, top with additional vanilla wafer, lightly press together. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, melt chocolate almond bark according to package directions, dip cookie pop into chocolate using spoon to assist, let excess chocolate drip off into bowl.
- Place on wax paper and decorate with sprinkles and valentine candies. Allow to cool.
These were much easier to make than I thought they would be! Make a little bouquet with them and write a heartfelt card – best girlfriend award goes to you. OR you’ll be the favorite friend at the party.